Question

Jschultz7

Walmart credit card upgrade
Currently have an instore walmart credit card, no visa/mc logo, would upgrading to a credit card w/ a logo, be beneficial or harmful to my credit score?

depends

I would think if your credit score didn't have many inquires on it, the inquire to apply for the card would not hurt you.  If you use the card properly and pay off the balences it should be beneficial to your score,, but if you are apporved and misuse the card, ofcourse it will hurt your score.

Next Qustion reguarding the upgrade.

Under the same catigoy. This is proably a case of too little to late.... I just upgraded my WalMart Store Credit Card of 5 years to a WalMart Discover. Do I keep that 5 year account history being its still through GE Fin. Or do I drop back to ground 0. I'm thinking I'm going to drop below 8.5 year avg credit history length.