Question

JulieMS001

Synchrony bank issuer of Walmart credit card
Can not find bank to add account for Walmart credit card issued by synchrony bank

Most Helpful Response

Life is too short

I applied for the Walmart credit card on 11/30/14 instantly approved with an offer to shop immediately which I declined.  On 12/3/14 I phoned to see if the offer to shop was still open.  I was told it was but I needed a code that they would phone me with. Phoned back with the code, no one knew what I was talking about and could not help me.  I decided to wait for the card.  On 12/9/14 I received a letter from Synchrony asking that I phone them. The letter had no specific request and Customer Service could see no reason for the letter but asked me to confirm that I did apply for the card.  The card was received on 12/11/14.  I tried to activate it this morning but was told to contact Customer Service.  It took 10 minutes to get past the automated system. When I finally got a human being I was transferred to the activations department.  I put the call [bad music and all] on my office speaker phone and went bad to work.  I was shocked when I realize that I had been on hold for 50 minutes [my phone tracks] while I did my job.   I hung up and phoned back, this time eventually getting a kind representative that could not assist me.  She did stay on the line for 10 minutes [confirming my identity] until she was able to get a representative at Synchrony.  This representative had me confirm my application line by line.  The representative tells me that the call I was told to make on 12/3/2014 initiated a fraud alert.  Then I was asked if I was calling from my home phone, I was calling from my office phone which was also on the application.  I was told I would have to phone back from my home phone.  Their office hours are the same as mine.  Should I take a vacation day to phone Walmart?  I gave up, I asked the representative to close the account.  This he could do in spite of the “fraud alert”.  Yikes!  After reading the blog reviews I now know I dodged a bullet.

ttack

All I can say, John, is amen brother. These are the worst customer service people on earth other than Dish and Direct TV and they speak very little English often as not. I won't bother going into detail given other similar experiences already shared which are much like mine anyway but I just ended up calling them and canceled the card which with 26 % interest would probably never have been used anyway. I have a 739 Fico score according to my discover card and still would have had to pay 26 % interest. Of course they do not tell you that in the store when they are PUSHING you to sign up. In conclusion, I have two pieces of advice for those considering Wal marts credit cards and # 1 is DO NOT APPLY and # 2 is if you already have one cut it up and call to CANCEL.

GECRB/SYNCB is terrible

I don't creditkarma has been able to connect for years. It is the fault of SYNCB

SYNCB issuer for BRDC and GAPDC

I tried to contact all credit card companies, Synchrony Bank and Credit Karma but they could not fix this issue.
But, it will be automatically updated in a monthly basis when your credit card statement is updated.
As of now, this is only one case that we can update our credit score for SYNCB..

Synchrony bank

This bank is acutally G.E Capitol. well they used to be. Ge capitol changed their name.