Question

lect0r

Showing same credit card twice, how do i fix this?
When I log in and go to "My Accounts" it shows all my credit cards and there balances.. It is showing 1 of them 2 times, 1 with a balance of 607 out of 3500 limit and the other with a balance of 0 out of 3500 limit.
How do I get this "phantom" second card off my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Account Listed Twice Correction

If you have an account listed twice, it's probably because CreditKarma is not linking the accounts.  Click on the account in the menu bar on the left hand side of the screen. There will be a summary in a box, and below that box there will be a thing that says monitoring active; next to that, it will say settings, click on settings.  It will open a page with accounts listed, and it will have unmatched credit report accounts at the bottom.  Drag the unmatched account to the matching monitored account in the top part of the page. From there, you should only see the one account.  I ran into the same problem with my mortgage and was able to fix it this way.  

Dispute

Have you ever had a second account with the Company? If not, I would dispute the card with the incorrect information. You have to make a claim with the credit company. And they will contact that company to verify you only have one account.

You can call the company, & try to get something done that way, or get with a credit repair company that can take care of it for you.

To find the best type into google "top 10 credit repair companies"

To make sure you choose the right company, look them up on the Better Business Bureau

And remember all credit repair companies cost, so be sure to look up fees and choose which would best fit your budget,

Remember sometimes it's worth in to pay the extra money to make sure the job is done right so that it doesnt mess it up any further.

The only way to make a change is to make the inituitive to actually do something, if you don't do anything, it will probably just remain the same.

I have the same issue with my mortgage account showing up twice.  Anyone have a solution?

Don't worry

Credit Karma is not a credit reporting agency.  It's just a tool to view your accounts, for you. I have this same problem and it just has something to do with the way we set up the account.  It does not impact your credit.  You need do nothing other than keep it in mind when viewing your account.  I would like to fix it too (just because I like things to work properly) but am still hacking around trying to figure it out...  You will have to fix it your self, most likely.

tuskers

I had the same problem   Just ignore it. It eventually goes away.

NossTrucking

How long does it take to go away? I've had my account with credit karma for 6 or more months & it's still showing one of my credit cards twice.