Question

greenfrog22

Should I request removal of this unknown credit card or just 'let it be?
My report shows WFNNB/VCTRIA which I think is a Victoria's Secret card. If I had one, it was years ago when I was in college.

My question: Do I request removal, or better to just leave it alone? It shows this. -THX!

Balance - N/A
Previous Limit - $900
New Limit - N/A
Change - -(minus) $900

Most Helpful Response

When in doubt, investigate!

If you had this card less than 8 years ago, it may still be on your credit report since that is required under federal law.  It usually drops off 7 years after the date of last activity (payment).

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and file disputes on all wron informatioin with the credit bureau reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed item.  You should do this every year to make sure all credit information on your reports is correct..

greenfrog22

Thanks, I will do so.  I have a very common name, and should be monitoring these more closely!