Question

ozzie686

Should I remove this card from my report or not?
I have a credit card that I was added to years ago that is my moms. The card is no longer used by my mom and I only ever used it once and have been removed from the account. The card hasn't been used in years now. I am not sure how this is affecting my score now. Nothing is reported to it since 2010. The limit is $9,800 which is actually most of where my credit limit comes from. My total limit is $11,900. The card makes my utilization super low. It is also the oldest card on my account. It still reports as open too even though it is not used and hasn't been. Would it benefit me to keep this on my account or should I remove it? I don't want to do anything that will end up hurting me. I am only 24 and trying to up my score some more and thought maybe this would. Thanks in advance!

Let it ride as it is since it is doing you good.  In the meantime, work on building your credit for yourself so that, should the card company ever decide to close this card for non-use, that drop won't hurt you so much.