Question

Andrewfry1989

Should i pay down the high balanced credit card first or the lowest?
Both of my credit cards are maxed but my $1400 card I had for 10 years now I make monthly payments on time but like I said it's maxed out. My other credit card is $600 newer also maxed out. I plan on paying both down but if I paid like $600 off of my $1400 do you think it'll raise my score 585 to 620?

From purely scoring's prospective, when your cards are maxed out? you need to bring balances on both (all) cards down equally by percentages not the dollar amount, as credit score models looks at your highest utilizations from both individually and aggravated percentages into its calculations. When you pay 600 off from your 1,4K card? The credit scores would still reflect your utilizations as maxed, because one of your card still is in fact maxed. The age of the cards in this particular case are irrelevant.

You need to take advantage of the very valuable credit education on this site so you can learn how credit works and how to improve your score. So, read the articles on this site, make needed changes and use the financial tools, then you will have a much happier financial life.  I did so and I am reaping the benefits of the knowledge gained here.