Question

Uspsrr5

Should i open a new card for furniture purchases or use the furniture stores 0% apr deal
My credit limit is 6,200 on three cards so I'm trying to decide if I should open a new card to raise my limit so I can keep my utilization low or take advantage of the furniture stores 0% financing deal

Unless you have a credit card with 0% interest on purchases, you may want to consider the store's fnancing.   If you do open a new card, the same rule, unless you can get 0% for the first 12-18 months, the store financing would appear better.  The store's credit would not be part of your utilizatoion as it would be an installment loan.   If they report to the bureau you will get improvements as the balance lowers, although when paid off would be a negative to your report while the 0% credit card would continue to help in your credit.

The interest rate on store cards is usually higher than bank issued credit cards. Be sure you have the card/loan paid off before the 0% financing ends. Read the documentation carefully. Oftentimes you will be charged interest on the entire amount borrowed, rather than just the remaining balance on store cards.  It is not a simple interest loan.