Question

caitnlucas

Should I close this new credit card account or keep it?
About 2 months ago I opened a new credit card as the holidays were approaching and it ended up being approved but for a very small dollar amount. Additionally, I don't see myself ever using this card again. Maybe once a year. My question is, should I keep this card open to help my credit to debt ratio or close it since it is such a low amount and I won't be using it?

Keep it.  Just lock it in a safe place.  Every bit of credit you are approved for helps.  Please re-read the articles here to improve your understanding.