Question

Asc112

Should I close my secured card?
Hi,

I have a secured credit card, my credit score is 670. This secured card has a 250 limit and I have had it for 9 months. I pay the full balance every month but I was recently approved for a $2000 unsecured card.

I'm not going to be using my secured card, and would like my deposit back, would it hurt my credit score badly to cancel the secured card, or should I just keep it?

Thank you so much for your help!

Most Helpful Response

If you only have two cards, yes it would hurt your score badly.

Asc112

Hi,

I have a credit card for medical use that has a $3500 limit, a secured card with $250 limit, and my new unsecured card with $2000 limit. That makes 3 credit cards, sorry for not mentioning that before.

With 3 cards, do you still feel I should leave the secured card open?