Question

queenofmirth

Should I close my second credit card that I paid off and haven't been using?
I thought keeping it open would improve my percentage of credit usage, but it seems like it hasn't helped.

No.  Please take the time to read the articles on this site so you can understand how credit works.  I did and now enjoy an excellent credit score.

It isn't an great idea to close one credit card when you only have two, from both credit scores prospective and the practicality. The second card is helping with your overall utilizations (usage), have more cards reporting zero balance also help with scores, popular beliefs that having at least 3 trade lines reporting is optimally for FICO scores, tho not saying less is bad or more is good... From practical prospective, what if your one and only credit card have issues and you cannot use it for period of time? Or when the "what ifs" happens, then you are going to scrambling around to obtain additional card or to max out your only card... If that second card doesn't have high annual/monthly fees? Then you should consider keeping it and it isn't horrible idea to looking for one or two additional cards.