Question

knicksplayer

Should I close a secured card I opened 2 years ago?
To build credit, I opened a secure card with Bank of America 2 years ago. The annual fee is $45 and my credit line is $200. Now that my credit score is 730+ and my income sufficient to apply to get approved pretty much anywhere, should I be closing it? Upgrading it to an unsecure doesn't seem to be appealing since the annual fee would remain and all it would give me is weak cash back deals.

Most Helpful Response

You will take a bit of a hit on your credit score when you close this card but my advice would be to not close it until you have a new card in place;  It's a little bit easier to get credit when you already have some with a good record.