Question

riri77

should I accept another credit card
I have 1 secured credit card with a low credit line. I have been building my credit. I just got an offer for an unsecured credit card with a much higher limit. Should I accept this offer or will this hurt my score? I am trying to build credit for a home purchase. I have gone from poor credit to fair credit score so far.

Most Helpful Response

The only way to increase your credit is to use credit. The offer is somewhat an indication of your increasing credit and would likely not hurt your credit IF you actually receive the new card. If not then the hard inquiry will hurt your credit in the short term.

It's hard to determine when you receive offers because your credit is improving and when the companies simply want to prey on people with poor credit histories.