Question

Drekonian

Security Credit Cards
I was wondering if after deciding to get a credit card that requires a security deposit, will you get that money back once you decide to close the card?

Yes you should

I am waiting for my Capital One secured card and know if I ever cancelled it I would get the deposit back. However, I'm not going to cancel this card since it could be the longer lasting credit cards to build up my account. 

Yes, you absolutely get your deposit back on a secured credit card. This of course is assuming that you pay off the balance owed before closing the card. If you do not pay it off, they will use a portion of the funds you used to secured the card as a repayment of balanced owed. Most companies that offer a secured credit card also offer regular cards. Generally, after one calendar year, if you have been using the card responsibly and making your full payments on time, they will give you a normal credit card and give you back your deposit.