Secure vs. Regular Credit Card
After 1 year as a secured credit card with on-time payments, my credit union will change a secured card to a regular credit card. Should I convert my secured credit card to a regular credit card? Will this change how my charges/payments on the card affect my credit score? Do transactions on a "regular" credit card count more?

Yes you should convert your secured credit card to a regular or unsecured credit card. By doing that, your credit union is saying that your credit history or credit score has improved to the point where they can offer you this upgrade.

Your payments should be affected because usually your interest rates will go down and your finance charges should be lower.

Congratulations and keep paying on time, keep using 20% of your credit limit and here's to a higher credit score.