Question

TheLadyOfTheHouse

Rotating Cards to keep balances low or not?
Since all my cards were applied for from April 2015 -April of 2016, I have a short credit history. Would it be best for me to start rotating 3 of my cards at a time to lower my utilization; or just keep using all of them every month? It's getting a little harder to keep track of all of them.

It should not matter if you rotate cards or if you keep using the same card. The way that the credit score is calculated is total usage divided by total available.  so spending $1000 between 3 cards or spending the entire thing on one card will have the same impact on your credit score.

Also the usage only generally is recorded from the last billing period, so if you ever need to sign up for another credit card or loan, the month before you can just use the credit cards less