Remove Closed Credit Card?
I've recently had a bankruptcy clear off of my record. In anticipation of that, I have spent the past year or so cleaning up my credit report. After clearing, I had a Transunion score of 676 and Equifax of 682. I paid off another credit card last week, and my scores shifted dramatically. Transunion went up to 690 and Equifax went DOWN to 662!

Equifax actually shows fewer missed payments on my report, lower credit card utilization, and older average credit age. However, one big influencer there is a Sears credit card that my parents started in 1974. I was added to the account in 1998 and it began to show up on my credit report. The account was closed years ago, but Equifax still reports it as open, just not showing any reporting from the creditor.

Could this Sears account, with a $14k limit, actually be hurting my credit report? significant difference between my Transunion and Equifax reports, and my Equifax score is so much lower!