Question

creditconfused123456

Relatively good score on credit karma 702/665 but declined credit card because fico score 603?
Checked credit karma and did a lot of research on what credit card would be right for me and what I had a good chance of being approved for. Decided on American express blue cash back. I applied and was emediatly declined because by fico score was 603 it said. Only one small blemish on my Equifax of $47 dollars that I am trying to get removed and has already been paid for. Anybody know why the fico score would be so low? Also how would I fix this, since I didn't know I had a low score in the first place because it was not reflected in my credit karma scores.

Credit Karma scores (TYransunion and Equifax) are calculated using the Vantage 3 method, as is stated on this site. 

jwsister

I wasn't finished but the computer decided to post.  FICO uses information from all three credit bureaus, and uses a different calculation method so there is something o[n your credit reports that is holding you back.  If you have not yet read the articles on Credit Karma, I suggest doing so, since they are very informative and you will use this knowledge for the rest of your lilfe.  Sure has helped me