Question

sncn

Pay off/New card advice
I currently have 3 major credit cards (VISA, etc) and one only for a particular company use (ex Walmart) . I am about to pay off in full the total balance on the 2 that do have a balance. My question or questions is related to my desire to get a new card. The one that can only be used for a particular company, I hardly ever use. I wanted to know if it is better to leave the account open and just not use it while I try for the new card or close that account. The new card that I want to apply for will be my main card as it has rewarding benefits. Which will hurt me less?

leave it open while you apply so it does not effect your utilization ratio or average age of accounts.