Question

lemur12

Over-utilization is my biggest problem - should I use an empty card and pay it off every month?
I have several maxed cards, one of which has a couple months of late payments history. I am financially stable again, no more overdue payments, and I'm making slow progress towards paying down all my accounts (working on highest APR first). The biggest negative impact on my score is over-utilization of credit.

I also have one card with no balance that is also my oldest account. Would using that card for routine expenses (food, gas, etc. that I'm currently paying for with my debit card) and paying it off in full each month help to improve my credit score? Or am I better off keeping the $0 balance?