Question

OldHabitsDieEasily

My score jumped 58 points by opening a $500 secured card.
I opened a $500 secured Visa through USAA, on the same day, my wife opened a $250 secured American Express through the same bank.
I logged in today to see that my score has jumped an amazing 58 points!?! It's only reporting the $500 Visa, and not showing where I set up autopsy for my electric to it (which will leave me paying a balance of about $150/month on the card). It's roughly 30% of the utilization rate, which is why I use it this way.
I'm curious about a few things:
1) why the huge jump when it's only showiNG the 1 card, and hasn't reported where I've been using or paying it
2) what can I do to keep it that high, or is it just a fluke?

For people that don't have any credit cards, just the act of getting a credit card can boost scores, I was not sure if it happened here with Vantage scores, but I knew that it did with FICO scoring systems.