Question

KMorgan322

My credit card was closed without my permission
I've had this credit card account open since 2011(used it at a furniture store to buy a living room set). I paid it off by making regular, on time, monthly payments and this month, I notice that my score is down because the account has been closed and my dollar amount of credit has decreased. I did not close this account myself. Is the credit card company allowed to close it because of inactivity? How do I get rid of these negative attributes on my credit history without causing more problems?

Most Helpful Response

Lenders are allowed to close your accounts due to inactivity. Most financial experts recommend using a card every six months or so to keep the card open and active. You can call the lender to ask them to reopen the account, but they are under no obligation to do so.

KMorgan322

If the lender did allow me to open the account, is it likely that they will need to conduct another hard inquiry in order to do so?

Thank you for your help!