Question

siebo10

Looking for a great Credit Card for Gas Purchases
Hello, There I am Looking fro a good or great Card for making Fuel purchases. My Credit Score according to credit karma is 710

The Chase Freedom® (http://goo.gl/FSAh38) offers 5% cashback on fuel purchases in the 1st and 3rd quarters as part of a rotating rewards category. The 2nd quarter is restaurants and the 4th quarter is online purchases from Amazon, Zappos and select department stores. 

I don't have this card and I am not affiliated with Chase in any way but I was intrigued by this offer.

when you find one do let us know.

Currently use the Chase Freedom card 6 months out of the year for a 5% cash back on purchases.   The other 6 months I either use my debit or Citi Thank you.

The points or Cash back are not worth it if you ask me.

you have to be sending alot on Gas to get a good payback

lets look at the 5% cash back on the chase freedom card for gas only

so lets say you spend 60 dollars a week on gas, that would 26 week for the 6months you get the 5% back.  that is a 1560 spent on that gas,  lets round it to 1500 for 6 months of gas. so for that you will get back 75 dollars back.  or just over 12 dollars a month. for those 6 months.  

now thats at 5% back per dollar.

Now is it really really worth it,  here in Michigan you have a Cash price and Credit Card price for gas.  the Credit Card is 10 cents more per gal.

so lets say gas is 3 dollars a gal for the 1500 dollar we get 500 gals of gas at a cash discount of 10 cents that comes to 50 dollars.

so 75.00 credit cash back or the 50.00 dollars pay with cash give yous a 25 dollar real savings. 

or just over 4 dollars a month savings.

again is it really worth it to play the rewards game?

if you had cash in your hand would you really spend that much in gas ( or on anything else )

if you had a Credit Card in hand  do you really want or need to buy something?

we look at the rewards as a bonus but are they really with all the time and effort.

oh well think about it.

and have a Great Thanksgiving.

... Next

when you find one do let us know.

now thats at 5% back per dollar.

or just over 4 dollars a month savings.

oh well think about it.

and have a Great Thanksgiving.

. . Next