Question

jhelten

Keep getting denied for cards with 'Very Good' odds
I've at 638 and my credit has kinda stalled after the last collections items dropped off and were removed. Now I've got some late payments from my student loans from 3 years ago and a Capital One Platinum credit card with a $500 limit but I can't get approved for anything else, even though I'm applying for stuff with 'Very Good' odds. Simulators show that'll bump it up to the 640s but I feel like I can't get my credit to go up at all regardless.

Not sure what your question is. Don't apply for any new credit for 6-12 months. Use your card responsibly (pay off in full each month). If used responsibly and paid on time every month, Capital One likely will give you an automatic credit line increase every 6 months, which will boost your score. You can also request an increase after having the card for 3 months (and 3 months after auto credit line increases). Getting credit line increases will help your scores, as will making your student loan payments on time. After a year of being responsible, Capital One may upgrade your card, and you'll likely be in a better position to be approved for other cards!