Question

natethegreat223

Just opened a new chase card account, now I have 20 inq. Will Chase close account in the future?
I just got approved for a Chase Freedom with a $500 cl, but while doing that, I went on an App-o-Rama and ended up with all these inquiries and new accounts. My score tanked. Will Chase get wind of this and close my account????. I love my Chase Card and don't want to lose it. I went form a TU 705 to a 630.....Im scared!!!!

Most Helpful Response

Credit sevicers will not close your card just because your score dropped. Although the hard inquiries stay on your credit for 2 years, they actually only effect your score for 1 year, so in 1 year from now, all othe things constant, your score should shoot back up. Something to keep in mind next time you do this is have your research done ahead of time. Make a list of all of the places you want to apply and do them all on the same day or within 2 weeks of each other. There is a thing called "rate shopping" which as long as you apply to several like servicers (meaning only credit cards, only auto loans, only home loans etc) within 14 days only 1 of those 20 will actually hit your credit score, the rest will just be listed. This provides consumers the ability to shop for the best rates without taking credit hits.

natethegreat223

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question, you where very helpful!!