Question

mrPaTx

just learned someone has a credit card in my name i didnt know about and already charged $17550
I need to find out where the card is issued and try to find out the person behind it before it gets out of hand. I never had a credit card in my name legally. My credit isnt bad and im trying to keep it that way. If there is anything that you can do to help me find out who is spending that large amount of cash under my name i would appreciate it dearly.

Most Helpful Response

Goto     https://www.annualcreditreport.com     and pull your Free Credit Reports,   if you are seeing the 17550 here on creditkarma then pull Transunion first.   It will have contact information on the accounts showing up on your report.

Good Luck.

Credit card in your name/not yours

How did you find out about this card?  If it was from your credit report, contact them IMMEDIATELY and they will investigate. You can do this online for faster results.  Also, request that they put a fraud alert on your credit record so that no one can open any other accounts in your name without your being notified first.