Question

ginjan

is it better to pay off my credit card balance or leave a little bit on the balance each month

Most Helpful Response

OK, I'm sure I'll catch some heat for this answer but I truly believe keeping a tiny balance helps drive up your credit score.  Nothing substantive to prove this, just my own experience and advice I received from a credit repair boot camp I attended last year.  If you're not comfortable with that, then pay them off each month.

If you enjoy paying extra (that means ther interest charge) instead of getting the account paid in full, go ahead and keep a small balance.  I prefer the "pay the full amount owed as shown on the statement" practice.  You can find out more about what is wise and what isn't by reading the articles and utilizing the financial tools provided on this site because that is what Credit Karma is all about--helping people learn how to build good credit.