Question

StaceyG3

Is it better to close a credit card or keep it open?
Is it better to close a credit card after you have paid off the balance, or is it better to leave it open and just not use it. We plan on cutting them up, anyway.

Closing a credit card hurts you.  If you would take the time to read the articles here so you can learn how credit works, you would know that and many other things that can be of great benefit.  I'm glad I took that time since I'm far better off now than ever before, and I'm on a fixed income.

Use the credit score simulator on this site. It is personalized to show the effects that certain actions could have on your score.