Question

xray2011

Increasing Available Credit Limit on Credit Card
I have one credit card with a limit of $1500. My credit card utilization is currently at 61%. I want to request my available limit to increase so that my utilization will go down. Will this help or hurt my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

Utilization Ratios are like Golf Scores.

Utilization Ratios are like Golf Scores. The lower the better. Having a higher limit should help your credit score.

30% of your score is based off of Utilization Ratios.  Personally I've raised my Limit to $10,000 over the past 4 years (not because I need to spend that much, solely to improve my credit).

Try an APP-O-RAMA.. i just did one.. i increased my available credit by $40k.. yes $40k.. now my utilization rate will be VERY low..

my score has already gone up and the all the cards ar enot listing yet.