Question

mmraleigh

If I open a 25,000 credit card offer and don't use it how will this affect my credit?

If you would take the time to read the informative articles on this site and elsewhere; you would know the answer.

Your credit score should rise because of the increased available credit. You should use the card at least once every six months to keep it active. Using the card at least once a month and then paying it in full, on time, will increase your score further by showing prompt payment. On time payments account for 35% of your credit score.

Open accounts

I keep some of my open cards just to keep my utilization low. I'm sure the card has an opening offer like balance transfer or something of that nature i would take adantage of the offer if you do decide to do it! 

It really depends on what the rest of your credit profile looks like, but most likely it would help increase your scores. However, depending on your income, a large credit line like this can hurt your "debt to income ratio" which is an important factor when applying for credit. Granted, you could close the card if this ever became a problem, but if you were planning on applying for credit for any major purchases in the near future, I might say declining this offer may be a good move, unless you are making serious money where a twenty five thousand dollar line is not much when compared to your income.