Question

goldenlady467

If I have closed credit cards and I pay them off will I be able to open a new one?
I was wondering that If I pay off old credit card accounts and bring my credit score up would I be able to get credit cards in the future?

Yes.

Yes you would definitely be allowed to open a credit card in the future!

Here is the thing, if you have charged off credit cards on your reports, paying them is not going to automatically remove them, the damage is there and there to stay until the 7 year time lapses on them to be removed from your reports. You need to read about rebuilding your credit. Paying these delinquent accounts or not paying them really won't have any affect either way on whether you can get a card in the future. Don't go into this without knowing what you are doing, please read as much as you can and come back here and ask questions as needed.