Question

murphy93

If I get my credit card balance down to 50% will it raise my credit?
My credit limit is $500 and my balance was at $460. I just paid it down to make the remaining balance $250. Since I have the balance down to 50% of the credit cards limit will this help raise my credit?

Most Helpful Response

get under 30%

If you can pay down to a least 30% of your limit, it will help. If you can get it down to 10% or less, it will really help. You never want to use more than 30% of your total credit limit over all your credit cards. One card or ten credit cards, it all the same.