Question

DD0007

If I add my Son to my CC and he gets in credit trouble on a different card will that effect me later
My question is really if he later gets into financial trouble on a different card, bankruptcy, medical charge off or whatever could that negatively effect my credit if I'm not on any of those accounts , just have him a authorized card holder on my card ?

Most Helpful Response

No

The only thing that would float over from his credit worthyness to yours are his loans and credits that use you to obtain as a joint applicant. (or vice versa)  Adding someone as an authorized user on your card only means that you will make sure the payments are still being paid, regardless of any other agreement you have with the person.