Question

IverieTower

I want to open my first credit card. Any advice?
My hope is to raise my credit score so I may eventually move out on my own. Please simplify it for me as school taught me nothing about my credit.

The first thing that you must do is read about credit until you have a good general knowledge of how everything works. After that, then you can start getting accounts. Most people starting out with building credit will need to start with a Secured credit card. Capital One is a lender that many people get a secured card from to start building credit. There are other lenders out there that offer secured credit cards as well, just make sure that you go with one that reports to all three credit bureaus as not all lenders do.