Question

dimplessweety

I see that I have a Capital one credit card But I haven't opened one what can I do about this?
I just signed on to creditkarma and see that I have a capital one credit with a limit of $800.00 but I haven't opened a credit line from capital one.

Most Helpful Response

Time to check credit reports.

It is not uncommon for there to be errors on credit reports, which is why the government made it easy for us to get copies of our credit reports every year.  Go to freeannualreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Go over them carefully and dispute any errors with the company reporting them.  You'll find instructions on disputes in one of the Articles which you will find under Resources.  Find the article on diaputes and follow the instructions.  It should be cleared up in about a month.

CK gets its data from Transunion but the information is posted as an interactive tool for individuals to use to find out what effect a particular action or group of actions will have on  their credit score without the pain of actually doing so.  Kind of nice to know what will improve things and avoid what may harm.