Question

spmann57

I recently transferred a $700 high interest credit card balance to a zero interest credit card.
When the credit reports noticed this my score dropped 36 points! I closed the high interest credit card so my actual debt remains the same. Absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing else changed. Why such a huge impact on my score?

If that card was opened a long time ago, your average age of account got lower once you closed it. It is always a good idea to leave the oldest card open with a $0 balance to help with the AAoA.