Question

settleornot

I owe $2000 on a credit card & am 120 Days late. CCC has offed settlement of $800.Should I accept?

Most Helpful Response

I've never heard of a CCco offering

A pay off when only 120 days past due, But if it is you probably want to take it.  That doesn't happen often, paying 40% of the balance sounds like a good offer. I dought you would be able to negotiate any kind of "pay to delete" or other benifit to your report.  Realize that They are going to close the account and it will probably end up with the derogitory remark on your report that will stay there for the next 7 years, so you have to consider the long term effect on your scores. If this account has been reporting late pays for awhile, it is probably to your benifit.

Good Luck

settleornot

The credit card is Citicards. It is a Zales account. 

They have already closed the account. The original balance on the cc was $1800, two years ago. But because I was late, the interest rate jumped up, along with late fees, over the credit limit fees..... the debt is more now than it was in the beginning. The minium payment due is $667. The settlement offer is $806.  I would like to take the settlement and get this account behind me. I want to try to buy a house in the next year, so I am trying to get my credit cleaned up.