Question

maxpain23

I need Help , which credit cards should i close ? i have 13 cards
I just applied for a car loan and I was approved my score was 701
and here are my credit cards :
My oldest Credit card Bank of America 2000$ credit limit since 2012
Techron advantage VISA card 4000$ since 2013
first national bank of Omaha 3000$ since 2014
capital one venture signature card 10 000 $ since 2015
Amazon Rewards VISA 4500 $ since 2015
Discover 8500 $ since 2012
Citibank Diamond Preferred 2500 $ since 2013
chase freedom 4100$ since 2013
American express 8500$ since 2015
capital one quicksilver master card 2500 $ since 2013
BestBuy store card 1200$ since 2012
Walmart store card since 2013
and my newest card TD VISA Signature Cash card 5000$ since 2015
I Always pay off my credit cards in full every month and never missed a payment , but I need to close some of my cards but I don't know a way to do it without hurting my credit score.( I make 45 k a year)

Any dip your score takes will be short lived. I would take out the store cards and cards with low limits and high APR's. Best Buy, Wal-Mart are 2 that jump out at me. And maybe the gas card. You have some good cash reward cards there and I would use those for gas and well, everything else to get the rewards. 

Why Close them?

Unless there is annual fee to keep it, If there are cards that you no longer want to use,  Pay them off, Cut them up and don't use them.  Closing the accounts will have a negitive effect on your score. But keeping them and not using them won't.  Closing them reduces your overall available credit and raises your utilization ratios.  The creditors may close the accounts 2 or 3 years later for lack of use, Your credit history will be that much older by then, so that would have less of a negitive effect than you closing them. 

Why do you need to Close some of your CC's?

and

If you must close any start with the newest ones and work your way back.