Question

qdd

i have paid 2 out of 3 credit cards to a zero balance and only use 1 percent of the 3rd .
How long will it be before my scores increases? Please help trying to buy a house.
I have paid 2 out of 3 down to a zero balance for about 2 months ago and the 3rd one to only 1 percent usage of total amount of credit so how long will it be before I see credit scores improvement?

Most Helpful Response

Great Job!

That should reflect on your credit report in abouit 45 days, depending on when they report.

Credit Cards should only be a tool to spend the money you have, so you don't need to carry cash, Realize that and you'll never get into trouble with your credit.

Paying them down is great, but using them is what really helps your score.  Here's a trick I use.  Now that they are down to 0 put a recurring charge on them.  I put something that I'm going to be paying anyway, like my electric bill or cable bill.  Something that I'm going to be paying for anyway is charged to the card once a month.  I have things set up so that when I recieve the e-bill,  it is automaticly set up to pay the full balance 5 days before the due date.  Never a late payment, Always shows utilization and never incurs interest charges. I don't use the card for anything else except maybe at christmas or for a birthday gift once in a while during the year.  

Credit History is just that. Lenders want to see that you use credit (means that they have a chance to make money off of you) and that you pay your bills on time consistantly.     

Good luck!