Question

bumble1963

i have many credit cards listed on my account that are closed how do i get them off

Most Helpful Response

They are there to stay until they age off.  If they were closed in good standing, you wouldn't want to remove them because they increase your average age of accounts as well as your total number of accounts. If they were charged off or sent to collections, you can't remove them because that is relevant information that potential creditors need to make a decision about granting credit to you. 
Good accounts stay for ten years (sometimes longer), and derogatory information stays for seven years. 

user550

mine that were closed and in good standing are not reflected in my age of credit history.  If that was true, I would have 20 years of credit history, but now I have 5.  I wish i could reopen them.