Question

LaconicAmb3r

I have an old Cap card that closed. Can I reopen to bring up my card age?
Hello all,
I had a capital one card years ago - it unfortunately still shows on my credit score due to having bad payments and also on # of accounts (even though it's closed). However, I've brought up my score like crazy the past year and I'm working even harder to bring it up to excellent. Since I can't fix my bad payment scoring... and I can't open a new card because it'll bring down my age of credit - Can I reopen that Capital One Card and have it positively effect my score by age?

Thanks all!

Call Cap One and ask. Doesn't hurt to try.  Best of luck!