Question

Yahootie

I have 11 credit cards and I want to close most of them. Will it ding my credit?

YOU BET IT WILL!!!

The total amount of the credit limits on those cards shows that you are trusted to repay the charges made and each increase improves yoiur credit score.  Close them and you lose those credit limits which will drop your score. 

You don't have to use the cards constantly, just occasionally, and pay them off when the bill comes in.  That will keep the cards active, keep your credit limits and your score high. The only cards I'd ever clsoe would be those that have an annual fee, unless the benefits far outweighed the cost.  Most don't.