Question

cbckenney10

I became an A.U. On someone who let there credit card be maxed what should I do
I asked someone to make me an AU on there credit card when they had good credit because I couldn't get any cards of my own.. Now I have good credit but now there card has been maxed with 6 lates now it's keeping my score under 700 should I ask to be removed

you want to be removed from their account(s) as quickly as you can.

Authorized users can remove the account

In an answer to a similar question listed on the Experian website by an Experian Team Member......

"Any account that is listed on your credit report could factor in to your credit scores. While most scoring systems incorporate authorized user accounts into the calculation some may not weight them as strongly because the authorized user has no responsibility for repayment of the debt.

However, an authorized user account can be a great first step in establishing a credit report if you can be added to an account that is always paid as agreed.

Since you are not responsible for payments on the account as an authorized user, you can request the account be removed from your report if there is negative information in the payment history, such as late payments. You lose the history, but you avoid having a negative credit reference. That makes becoming an authorized user a fairly risk free way to establish a credit a credit history and begin building a positive payment record."

If the item fails to fall off on its own after about 3 months from your request, you may dispute the item for removal.  But once it is removed, it will be gone- completely, as if it were never there.  Of course that company may never add you again either.

Hope this helps, and please thumbs up if it does.