Question

HaccHippieLPN

I am 32 and in college I am trying to find a card to build my credit, advice on the best ones?
I have never had a credit card and when I tried to get a credit score they said I have a thin file. I don't know much about credit and everything that goes along with it. I would like to get myself to a good place before I graduate in about 2 yrs.

Check Captial One's preapproval on their website, if anything try to get one of their secured cards or try to find a secured card from another company. Some companies have cards especially for students, so you may want to check into those as well. Discover card has one for students and I am sure others do also. When picking a card find one that reports to all three credit bureaus and find one that does not charge interest beginning at the time of purchase, find a card with a grace period, then you can pay it off by the due date and not pay any interest.