How will closing 2 credit card accounts with fees hurt my chances for getting another card ?
I have 2 credit card accounts with first premier bank that charge 6 dollars a month and 48 dollars a year in fees, even if the cards are paid off every month.

I'm tired of paying these fees and want to close the accounts, but I'm worried that if I do so, I will negatively impact my ability to get another card without fees.

I currently have a checking, savings and car loan through Chase and was denied a credit card because Premier dinged me for a late payment that was paid on the due date.