Question

dilloffice

How often can I add new credit cards?
I have been rebuilding my credit successfully for two years. Current score CK 729 FICO 739. 1 Mortage loan, 1 car lease and 1 credit card but less than 2 years avg age of credit. 100% on time and zero neg comments.

My next goal is to open a high point earning card like a sapphire preferred or an amex gold preferred. I don't want to apply unless my approval chances to good. I also don't want to take a hit to my scores if I apply and am denied.

What are the steps I need to take to gain approval and, realistically, how long will it take?