Question

BoredNerd

How exactly Credit Card Report your activity ? Let's say I use all limit yet I pay all limit as well
Do they report with amount owed and paid. Because It's possible that during time of reporting it may seem that I over use credit, yet I pay every single dollar later on then it's time to pay.
In other words like Now I am looking for September and it's saying I have $475 dept on the card, but I did paid all of it.
I bet next month it'll be exactly same thing, so it'll seem that I have 450+ dollar in dept all the time, do they know it's a "NEW" dept and I indeed paid whole thing and I just have small credit limit that's why I used it's over "Good" %30 of the limit.

I am trying to get my credit score up so I got 3 card and they only gave me $300 and $500+$500 I am trying to pay all by bissl and every day stuff with them then pay but because I do not know exact date of reporting, I can't get that $0 balance on the report because when I pay it's already reported that I have large dept.
I want to know if it's possible to PAY right on the time when credit card report my balance so it'll seem that I have 0$ balance instead of a high one, because althouw I pay whole thing every month it's reporting that I have dept on the card.

Most Helpful Response

Credit card companies usually report once a month, so only the balance on that one date is being reported to credit bureaus and your score are calculate base on it. Say it report on 15th of every month? Then it makes no difference to your score whether you maxed it out or paid down to zero on the 16th.

-

To have best possible score from utilization category is to have one card report balance of 1~9% (not 0% and not 10%), you can find out what date your card reports, and pay the balance down to the desired level "before" that date, so you can have credit report reflect whatever balance you want. But you don't really need to do it every months, because the utilization dose not have memory, only need to pay attention to it, month before you are going to apply for credit cards/loans.