Question

MikeReal

How do you find out who opened an account in your name? What do you do with Credit card fraud?
SYNCB/WLMRTD with a credit limit close to $2000 showed up on my credit report. I really want to see the application that was filled out. I already reported it as fraud and the CC company is investigating it with their investigators, but they will not be able to recognize how they got my info as well as I would. I want to see the application but they will not disclose any info to me for my own protection. lol Is there a way I can get the info I need. Its my credit and my identity at stake, I feel like I have a right to know. And Im sick of criminals having so many rights and protection. I want to personally sue. Thank You for your input!!!

On your own, there probably is not much that you can do. You would need to get the police involved, they can investigate such matters, you do not have the power needed to do so. Keep in mind, that errors do happen, so this is not a certain case of identity theft. You will probably need to wait until the credit card company completes their investigation to determine if it was simply an error or if there was wrongdoing. Keep it cool for now, may be a simple mistake.