Question

PatrickB001

How do I get my name off of a credit card account that I am a co-signer
I'm the co-signer on the CareCredit account on my report. The primary holder on that account refuses to pay the bill. I've paid the bill every month for the last six months and brought the balance from over $1100 down to $576. Last month the primary charged $250 dollars to the account, still with no intention of paying the bill. How do I get myself out of this situation? CareCredit is telling me there is nothing I can do to cancel the card or make any changes to the account because I am not the primary.

There has got to be a way to cancel this card to prevent any future charges. I would call an attorney right away and see what they can do to help you. Unfortunately until then you will be responsible for charges to the account. It sounds to me like Care Credit is most likely in violation of the law in one way or another and the person you cosigned for is a real dirt bag.