Question

boilerworks11

how come i cant get any credit cards it keeps saying im dead
every time I apply it says im dead im well and alive I can provide any proof needed id any thing any question's anything what do I have to do to fix this this is crazy I had got devoiced in nov 2010 and shut all open accounts my wife tried to gain off this and gain if she told creditor I was dead I can prove im not please help and point me in the right direction thank you
James alves

Get copies of all 3 credit reports

Go to annualcreditreport.com and request copies of your credit reports from all 3 major credit bureaus.  Go over every item carefully, noting anything that is NOT yours.  These items you will dispute with the company reporting them.  Look in the left column of this site, find "Resources", then "Articles" and scroll through those articles to find the one on filing a dispute.  Follow those directions.  In a month or two, your should receive a revised copy of your credit report.

It is up to each of us to check our credit reports annually to make sure all entries are correct.  Years ago, we had to pay to get a credit report, but now we don't, so take advantage of the opportunity.

Hope this helps.