Question

trinitie

How can I build credit if no one will give me a credit card?
I've applied for a $300 limit credit card, but no one will have me. So how can I build my credit if no one will sign me?

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

I don't know what $300 credit card you've applied for, but the best way to begin will be with a local bank account.  Take a couple hundred from your account and have it placed as a security deposit on a credit card.  Most banks have this.  After 6 months of using and paying on time (do not go over the limit or pay late), then you will have established a good report card with the credit bureaus.  Now, the next step will be a department store like Target or Walmart (I'd try Target first).  Then 6, months after that (your 1 year mark).  Have your bank "Graduate" your secured card.  That means you will get your money back with interest that it collected over the year, but your card will still have it's credit limit (now it's unsecured).  Now you have joined the Wonderful World of Credit. 

That depends on your credit history.  I would first dispute your credit reports even if they are correct.  You will knock some bads off.  Trust me alot of people have done it and your scores wills shoot up!  I was out of bankruptcy just 2 days and was able to get a capital one card with a 500 limit.

You have to get a guaranteed approval card, such as the one available from Orchard Bank.

Applying for a secured card doesnt always work. I applied through my bank that ive had for two years and had the cash to put down right away for a secured card and wasnt approved. I already paid my student loans off and still cant get nothing.

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next